Saturday 29 December 2012

Top 10 of 2012: Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2013


Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2013

It seems like only a minute ago that I was complaining about 2013 being ageeeesss away and that why couldn't I have the Time Turner or something and just fast forward to the book's release date because this waiting is going to kill me.Sigh... It has been a great year for books (then again, what year wasn't) and 2013 will be an even better one.  Now, it's less than a week left until 2013 and the new releases will come pouring out of the bookshops. I just need to hold on a little bit longer...

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)The Eternity Code - Blood of Eden (2) by Julie Kagawa
Expected Pub: 23 April 2013

This series is one of the best ones I read this year. Immortal Rules was awesome and I'm shit scared for what will happen on this one. Ally. Zeke. Kanin. Oh but, I'm super excited as well. Not a big fan of the cover, but it's a lot better than Immortal Rules' non-Asian model with the tacky Photoshopped blood of tears. But who cares, I want it. I want it now.


Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)Perfect Scoundrels - Heist Society (3) by Ally Carter
Expected Pub: 05 Feb 2013

I love Ally. I really do. She just hits all the right spots when it comes to creating super extra special kickbutt teens. And I've just gotta mention that cover. It looks so pretty. I love the sunglasses theme and it's Hale! If Kat and Hale doesn't finally end up together, I swear Ally is going to receive a very angry letter.

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Scarlet - Lunar Chronicles (2) by Marissa Meyer
Expected Pub: 05 Feb 2013

I'm practically drooling just thinking about this one. Cinder was one of the best reads of the year. So different, so kickass. She did so well putting her own twist on the fairytale and I can just feel this one being super great. Hopefully it's not as predictable as Cinder, though.



Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)Siege and Storm - The Grisha (2) by Leigh Bardugo
Expected Pub: 04 Jun 2013

Huh. Quite a lot of books on my list seem to be sequels of some awesome series. Anyway, Siege and Storm is another. I'm eager to see what adventures Alina and Mal will get themselves into after crossing the sea. Can't forget about the Darkling either. No way he's dead.

Just One Day (Just One Day, #1)

Just One Day - Just One Day (1) by Gayle Forman
Expected Pub: 08 Jan 2013

I'm expecting Great thing from this one. Don't disappoint me, Gayle. If I Stay was absolutely heartbreaking, Where She Went a little less so. But I'm want Great things from this one. I want this to be even better than your other works.


Those are the ones where the cover is actually released. I know 2013 is just around the corner but the fact that there is still no cover on these books just make it seem like it'll be forever until I get to finally read them. Anyway, here are the ones where covers aren't yet released, much less synopsis, or a set publication date. Some of them don't even have titles yet! What the fudge. And here, I thought I would be nearly done with all the waiting...

Rebel Spring - Falling Kingdoms (2) by Morgan Rhodes

I am a sucker for High Fantasy so it's no real surprise that I was hooked by this one.

Untitled - Gallagher Girls (6) by Ally Carter

C'mon, Ally! Give us something, at least. It's the end and I can't believe how much this series has grown, especially in terms of the plot.

Detergent - Trilo-gent (3) by Veronica Roth

Do I even have to explain why I want this book?

Untitled - The Raven Cycle (2) by Maggie Stiefvater

I feel like I talk too much about his book. How could I not though? Maggie is brilliant.

Untitled - Peryn and the End of Days (2) by Susan Ee

I discovered this one pretty late but seriously. Angelfall was released 2011. There was nothing, no information about it this year. I think it's only fair that it'd be released this year. Don't be mean, Susan. I can only imagine how hard the wait must be for those who read Angelfall on 2011.

1 comments:

  1. Exciting stuff! And those books not having covers yet does make them seem father away.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...