Friday 6 July 2012

Review: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green

Title: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Author(s): David Levithan and John Green
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile 
Release Date: 1 January 2010
Date Read: April 2012
Rating: ★★
 
One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.
(from Goodreads)



To be honest , I was a little bit disappointed in this book. I expected a lot more from both authors (Green especially) based on their other works. The plot didn't really have anything big or too exciting happening in them, as well. I didn't have as big of an emotional attachment to the characters throughout the books.Nevertheless, Green and Levithan's writing flowed very well.

Most readers will be able to identify with both Will Graysons. Although, I was more interested to read about Will because I liked him better and I related to what he was going through more than the other.

I wasn't a big fan of the ending. While I love musicals, I think that it should just stay in movies, TV or the stage. I hard a hard time imagining the songs, dances and scenes in my mind, as I'm not too familiar with the musical/dance lingo.

I didn't really enjoy the secondary characters too much. I found it difficult to imagine Tiny Cooper's image in my head as I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be fat-fat, or just muscle-fat. Also, I thought that Tiny's character was a bit unrealistic. I appreciate Tiny's confidence in himself but how was he not bullied as much? If he went to my school (or anyone else's, for that matter) he would probably be tormented, sadly to say. Jane didn't have that big of an impact on me, as did the other side characters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...