Sunday 8 July 2012

Review: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush (1)
Publisher: Simon & Shuster Children's
Release Date: 13 October 2009
Date Read: July 2012
Rating: ★★

Nora Grey's life is the epitome of normal. She has everything under control; her social life, her studies, her future and her love life (even if it is non-existent). But everything changes when Patch enters her life. Mysterious and alluring, with his easy going smile and eyes that seemed to see right through her soul, Nora can't seem to resist him. But after a series of terrifying events, Nora is not sure who she should trust. Patch seems to conveniently turn up wherever she is and his demeanor is starting to frighten him. Nora is now determined to find out the truth about Patch and his past but she does not realize how dangerous it is for her to know.

I don't know why I like this book. The plot had an uncanny feel similar to Twilight, the characters were passable and the heroine was kind of annoying. The romance was scary, to be honest. It was borderline abusive and Patch was kind of creepy, but really hot, I'll give him that, and the book was packed full of sexual innuendos. Everyone was stalking each other. It was weird.

But for whatever reason, I honestly liked it. I don't know why.

3 comments:

  1. This book has been in my TBR list for the longest time. I can't seem to get around to reading it. Hopefully before the year ends I will.

    Found you from Goodreads and followed this blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha, well, I don't know why I didn't like it. The book started really good and I was all into it but then when it switched to present time I lost interest. After this experience I gave up on angle-demon books. Well, almost, because then I read Angelfall by Susan Ee and I fell in love :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygod I LOVE Angelfall. When is she planning on publishing the next boo? It's been two years already

      Delete

Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...