Friday 13 July 2012

Feature & Follow (1)


FF 2012 Feature & Follow #105

Feature and Follow is hosted by Paranjunkee & Alison Can Read every Friday. Complete Rules and Instructions are here: Feature and Follow

This week's question:

Q: What drove you to book blogging in the first place?

I wanted to share my thoughts about literature and whatnot to people who would listen. I already joined Goodreads and it's great. There are great people that I've made friends with and some very helpful reviews. Also, it baffled how these reviewers got hold of so many books to read, some unpublished, and so much time on their hands to review them. I started looking around and discovered this great YA book blogging community behind it all. It was great. Reviews, books, tips about writing, people with great personalities. I decided that I wanted to be a part of it and set work making my own. So here I am, a couple of weeks later, nursing my infant of a blog, reading more books and writing reviews.



14 comments:

  1. New Follower. =] Awesome answer. That is basically the main reason I started blogging too. I really like the name and look of your blog. Welcome to book blogging, hope you enjoy it as much as I do. =]
    Thanks for sharing. =]
    Here is My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started book blogging, I had NO idea what a big community it was! Then I started joining sites like goodreads and now I can't imagine ever NOT blogging about books! Welcome to the book blogging community!
    new follower :)
    TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I started mine, I was so lost I am surprised I made it but with the help of a bunch of fellow bloggers I did it.

    New Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new GFC follower - and I love that you're nursing your infant blog :) Here's my FF post.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to blogging as well. It's been such a great experience so far. :)

    New follower here! My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya. Thanks for stopping by. I followed you back :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and following! I am now following you back (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome answer. It's more or less the reason I started blogging too, though without goodreads. :)

    New follower, here's my FF:
    http://theinkymelody.blogspot.com/2012/07/ff-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Book blogging's awesome, isn't it?! Glad to hear you're enjoy it so far! Plus goodreads is great too!

    New GFC follower! You can check out my FF post on my blog here: http://onceuponabook-rachel.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katrina!
    I hadn't even discovered goodreads until after I started blogging: it's great that you had such a start though :D Yeah, I had no idea I could get ARCs or "free books" until I had been blogging for about a year. I was astounded! It upsets me when people are like "part of the reason I started blogging was for the free books" ~face palm~ Anyway! I'm a new follower, and I love your blog.

    -Kirthi
    P.S. interesting title. It reminds me of that Holocaust related book: I have lived a thousand years. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It is disappointing when people only want to get free books out of book blogging. I mean, if you want to read free books, go to the library. Jeez...
      Thanks for the follow and I'll have check out that book.

      Delete
  10. Hey there! I just started following you!
    Here is my FF :
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html
    Thanks (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun idea! I followed on GFC. My blog is book-matters.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...