Tuesday 24 July 2012

Encouraged by Josie's own proclamation over at You Only Write So Much, I would like to mention that I have not read the well-loved classic Lord of the Rings. I have read The Hobbit, but I found it to be such a drag! It took me so long to finish it and I kept having to reread passages because I couldn't process what it was talking about the first time. And I think I managed to finish like three or something book in the middle of reading The Hobbit. I'm not proud of it, but at least I can say that I tried, right?
It's such a shame, really because I loved the movies.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness! I'm actually in the middle of reading the Lord of the Rings right now. I finished the Hobbit and the Fellowship of the Ring, an am going to start the Two Towers. It's alright that you've never read them, because it's my first time reading them. :) Maybe it's something about the way he writes? I don't know. I also can't tell you, "Oh, it's easier to read later in the series!" Because it's not. Oh well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I think it's the way he writes. Or maybe just 'classics' in general put me off. I don't know. Bless the movies. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't even know about LOTR

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...