Sunday 8 July 2012

Cover Release -- Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Title: Stardust
Author: Neil Gaiman
Publisher: Harper Perennial
Release Date: 1 July 1999 (first published)
Date Read:

Hopelessly crossed in love, a boy of half-fairy parentage leaves his mundane Victorian-English village on a quest for a fallen star in the magical realm. The star proves to be an attractive woman with a hot temper, who plunges with our hero into adventures featuring witches, the lion and the unicorn, plotting elf-lords, ships that sail the sky, magical transformations, curses whose effects rebound, binding conditions with hidden loopholes and all the rest.
(from Goodreads)


Neil Gaiman and his publishers, William Morrow, has released a mock up cover of the new edition of his beloved children's novel Stardust. The hardcover will be released on 30 October 2012 as a gift edition.
Source


The cover looks amazing. It's like one of those hardcover gems hidden away in the library; leather-bound and golden lined with  yellowy, musty pages aged by time.

I've only seen the movie adaptation of Stardust and I loved it. It's one of my favourites. But I'm a bit hesitant to read to the actual book, not because it might not be good, but because i know it will be. I don't want to tarnish my love for the movie by critiquing and judging it, complaining about all the parts that they left out. I know, I know. That's a pathetic excuse and I'm robbing myself of an amazing read but I love the movie.

Then again, how can I resist that cover? It's calling me.

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog. I'm following you through GFC. Neil Gaiman is becoming one of my favorite authors. I haven't read Stardust yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I have loved everything I've read by him, but I have a special fondness for the character "Nobody" in The Graveyard Book.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...